Apply for Membership
Any company interested in becoming a 3M Certified Graphics Installation Company must first complete an application for membership. Please read the outline of the UASG certification process below before contining.
Already have an application in progress?
Sign in here to resume an existing application.
Outline of the UASG Certification Process
- Application Received
- Application fee of $750.00.
- The following required documentation:
- Verification of employment for installer who will test
- Proof of being in business for 3 years
- Proof of liability insurance
- Worker's compensation insurance (if applicable).
- Reference request forms are sent out to all six of the listed references; the listed references
are asked to rate the applicant in five different categories.
- There is 60 day window for responses to be received from the references.
- An on-site interview is conducted, proof that the company's installers are employees is
viewed, certain questions are asked and answers are scored.
- An installation in progress (a requirement to move forward) is evaluated on a form
that the interviewer is using and is scored appropriately.
- A summary is prepared based on the references and interview.
- The summary is distributed to the Certification Committee for approval. If approved, the
applicant is invited to proceed to the testing phase.
- If rejected, the applicant is sent the appropriate denial letter.
- Hands-on and written testing is conducted on a regular basis in St Paul, MN at the 3M facility.
- The hands-on portion of the test consists of several stations - compound curves,
corrugations, flat walls, rough surface walls, floor graphics, etc.
- The written test is 70 questions based on 3M product bulletins and instruction bulletins as
well as common knowledge information.
- A score of 80% on the hands-on and written test is required to pass the testing phase of the
- An overall score (on both the reference/interview and testing) must be above 80% to be
approved for certification.
- A score of less than 70 on any one station will be considered a failure of the entire hands-on portion of the test. The applicant will be allowed to reschedule at a later date to attempt the test again.
- Once the applicant has passed the hands-on and written tests, the scores are reviewed by
the UASG and 3M. When both agree, the company is then considered a 3M Certified Graphics
- On a yearly basis, the certified company must submit a compliance form showing the
continued employment of the tested installer as well as new insurance certification form.
- New materials and tools will be introduced periodically by 3M and training on these new materials and tools will be required on an as-needed basis.