Outline of the UASG Certification Process
- Application Received
- Application fee of $750.00.
- The following required documentation:
- Verification of employment for installer who will test
- Proof of being in business for 3 years
- Proof of liability insurance
- Worker's compensation insurance (if applicable).
- Reference request forms are sent out to all six of the listed references; the listed references are asked to rate the applicant in five different categories.
- There is 60 day window for responses to be received from the references.
- An on-site interview is conducted, proof that the company's installers are employees is viewed, certain questions are asked and answers are scored.
- An installation in progress (a requirement to move forward) is evaluated on a form that the interviewer is using and is scored appropriately.
- A summary is prepared based on the references and interview.
- The summary is distributed to the Certification Committee for approval. If approved, the
applicant is invited to proceed to the testing phase.
- If rejected, the applicant is sent the appropriate denial letter.
- Hands-on and written testing is conducted on a regular basis in St Paul, MN at the 3M facility.
- The hands-on portion of the test consists of several stations - compound curves, corrugations, flat walls, rough surface walls, floor graphics, etc.
- The written test is 70 questions based on 3M product bulletins and instruction bulletins as well as common knowledge information.
- A score of 80% on the hands-on and written test is required to pass the testing phase of the process.
- An overall score (on both the reference/interview and testing) must be above 80% to be approved for certification.
- A score of less than 70 on any one station will be considered a failure of the entire hands-on portion of the test. The applicant will be allowed to reschedule at a later date to attempt the test again.
- Once the applicant has passed the hands-on and written tests, the scores are reviewed by
the UASG and 3M. When both agree, the company is then considered a 3M Certified Graphics
- On a yearly basis, the certified company must submit a compliance form showing the
continued employment of the tested installer as well as new insurance certification form.
- New materials and tools will be introduced periodically by 3M and training on these new materials and tools will be required on an as-needed basis.